Welcome to my latest spread betting video tutorial. This week, I want to deal with ‘momentum’. And how you can use momentum measures for spotting changes in the direction of a market.
Momentum is one of the most basic of all technical indicators, and appears on almost every spread betting platform. In short, it’s a way of measuring the strength of a trend, which can be either up or down. Yet momentum is a formidable methodology for making trades at low risk, and also for exiting profitable trades.
In this video, I will explain:
• What momentum measures;
• A simple way to use momentum, and how it provides solid clues for spotting looming changes in a trend. In turn, this will give you the most potential for making large gains;
• How to combine momentum with other trading methods
• If you’re a new reader, or need a reminder about some of the methods I refer to in my trades, then do have a look at the rest of my introductory videos:
• The essentials of tramline trading
• Advanced tramline trading
• An introduction to Elliott wave theory
• Advanced trading with Elliott waves
• Trading with Fibonacci levels
• Trading with ‘momentum’
• Putting it all together
• Don’t miss my next trading insight. To receive all my spread betting blog posts by email, as soon as I’ve written them, just sign up here .