Xavier Rolet has invested £158,000 in London Stock Exchange shares.
The London Stock Exchange's chief executive has bought the shares for his US pension fund.
He acquired 23,000 shares at 689p a share. These are the first shares he has bought since becoming chief executive. Rolet is participating in the London Stock Exchange Long Term Incentive Plan so when he buys shares he receives a matching award of shares via the LTIP.
Subscribe to MoneyWeek
Subscribe to MoneyWeek today and get your first six magazine issues absolutely FREE
Rolet has to remain employed by the exchange for three years and remain a holder of the original shares. Certain corporate performance targets need to be satisfied for the shares to be issued.
The London Stock Exchange's decision to cut its dealing tariffs helped it increase market share in the core cash equities business, but meant a mixed performance overall in the last three months.
Revenues rose by 1% to £158.2m in the three months to June and by 3% quarter-on-quarter. Total income in the three months to June rose by 2% to £166m and by 5% quarter-on-quarter.
Top Director Buys
Agua Terra Limited (ATE) Director name: Mr Peter George EconomidesAmount purchased: 1,428,244 @ €1.45 Value: €2,070,954
Ashmore Group (ASHM) Director name: Mr Graeme DellAmount purchased: 283,697 @ 317.24p Value: £900,000
London Stock Exchange Group (LSE) Director name: Mr Xavier RoletAmount purchased: 23,000 @ 689.00p Value: £158,470
Arbuthnot Banking Group (ARBB) Director name: Mr Paul Anthony LynamAmount purchased: 10,000 @ 405.00p Value: £40,500
UTV Media (UTV) Director name: Mr Norman McKeownAmount purchased: 22,400 @ 128.55p Value: £28,795
Top Director Sells
Who is the richest person in the world?
The top five richest people in the world have a combined net worth of $825 billion. Who takes the crown for the richest person in the world?
By Vaishali Varu Published
Top 10 stocks with highest growth over past decade - from Nvidia, Microsoft to Netflix, which companies made you the most money?
We reveal the 10 global companies with the biggest returns since 2013. One firm has posted an astonishing 9,870% return, meaning a £1,000 investment would now be worth almost £82,000.
By Ruth Emery Published