Advertisement

Pre-tax profit up at Indus Gas

Pre-tax profit rose to 0.60m dollars in the six months to September 30th at Indus Gas, compared to a loss of 0.82m dollars in the corresponding period last year, according to the group's interim results published on Thursday.

Pre-tax profit rose to 0.60m dollars in the six months to September 30th at Indus Gas, compared to a loss of 0.82m dollars in the corresponding period last year, according to the group's interim results published on Thursday.

Total assets also rose to $305.56m from $217.31m in September 2011. Consolidated revenues and operating profits were $2.95m and $1.27m respectively for the six-month period.

Advertisement - Article continues below

As of the September 30th, the group had outstanding bank debt of $127.82m. The outstanding loan from related parties, Gynia Holdings Ltd. & Focus Energy Ltd. increased to $113.09m at the end of the period.

Based on expected ongoing gas sales and financial support commitment from Gynia Holdings Limited, the group said it is expected to meet all its financials obligations for next 12 months.

The group commented: "Following the successful ramp up to 33.5 mmscf/d [million standard cubic feet per day] on the contracted sales level we are now considering additional gas sales and the opening up of a second gas monetisation route.

"We understand that RRVUNL, the State Electricity company in Rajasthan, has sanctioned or has plans to install additional generation capacity beyond the next planned 160MW expansion. We continue to focus on growing production and revenues, while also exploring the additional potential of the Block which we plan to exploit under the Petroleum Mining Lease."

The group, which is engaged in oil and gas production, operates in India through its subsidiaries iServices and Newbury. It has a market capitalisaation of £2,002.91m and owns an aggregate 90% interest in a petroleum development. Focus energy owns the remaining 10% interest.

MF

Advertisement
Advertisement

Recommended

Broker safety – your questions answered
Investment strategy

Broker safety – your questions answered

Cris Sholto Heaton answers more of your questions about the safety of stockbroker accounts
25 Mar 2020
How demographics affects stock valuations
Investment strategy

How demographics affects stock valuations

New research suggests that stock and bond valuations are driven by the age of the population – at least in the US.
24 Feb 2020
Do you own shares in Sirius Minerals? Here’s what you need to do now
Stocks and shares

Do you own shares in Sirius Minerals? Here’s what you need to do now

Mining giant Anglo American has proposed a cash takeover of Yorkshire-based minnow Sirius Minerals. Unhappy shareholders must decide whether to accept…
20 Feb 2020
Why investors should be “cautiously bullish” for 2020
Stockmarkets

Why investors should be “cautiously bullish” for 2020

Analysts have been out in force making rosy predictions for stockmarkets in 2020, but while there is certainly a case for optimism, investors should r…
17 Jan 2020

Most Popular

An economics lesson from my barber
Inflation

An economics lesson from my barber

On reopening his shop after lockdown, Dominic Frisby’s barber doubled his prices. It’s all part of the post-Covid inflation process – and we’re going …
8 Jul 2020
What gold, bonds and tech stocks have in common
Stockmarkets

What gold, bonds and tech stocks have in common

"Risk off" or "safe haven" assets such as gold and government bonds have been doing well lately. But so have riskier tech stocks. That seems to defy c…
10 Jul 2020
House price crash: UK property prices are falling – so where next?
Property

House price crash: UK property prices are falling – so where next?

With UK property prices falling for the first time in eight years, are we about to see a house price crash? John Stepek looks at what’s behind the sli…
2 Jul 2020