Capita wins contract extension from Cabinet Office

Capita, the UK outsourcing group listed on the FTSE 100, has announced that the Cabinet Office has extended its contract to exclusively manage the provision of training across the Civil Service for a further two years from February 2014 to the end of March 2016.

Capita, the UK outsourcing group listed on the FTSE 100, has announced that the Cabinet Office has extended its contract to exclusively manage the provision of training across the Civil Service for a further two years from February 2014 to the end of March 2016.

Capita expects the deal to generate revenues of at least £30m per annum over the two year extension.

During the initial 11 months of the contract the group directly delivered 41% of training with the remaining 59% procured on the open market compared to the 49/51 contractual obligation.

Chief Executive of Capita, Paul Pindar, said: In the current contract's first 11 months it generated significant savings for Civil Service departments. More than half of all courses were procured on the open market, nearly three quarters from small and medium (SME) training providers.

"The extended contract will enable a wider range of public sector organisations to access quality learning and development services, which provide value for money and support the delivery of excellent public service, from June onwards.

"Combining innovative, blended learning solutions, including face to face, online and specialist courses, managed by Capita, the public sector can look forward to a substantially more efficient process for procuring learning services."

NR

Recommended

The MoneyWeek Podcast: picking stocks is fun, but you need to do your homework
Investment strategy

The MoneyWeek Podcast: picking stocks is fun, but you need to do your homework

John Stepek talks to Steve Clapham, investor, analyst and author of The Smart Money Method, about the dangers in picking individual stocks and why you…
8 Apr 2021
BP looks set to return more money to shareholders as it beats expectations
Energy stocks

BP looks set to return more money to shareholders as it beats expectations

Oil major BP is to embark on a share buyback programme after significantly reducing its debts. Saloni Sardana looks at what it means for your portfoli…
6 Apr 2021
Deliveroo has hit the market – but it’s not getting the warmest welcome
UK stockmarkets

Deliveroo has hit the market – but it’s not getting the warmest welcome

Food delivery company Deliveroo made its debut on the stockmarket this morning. But with the share price sliding by 30% straight away, it’s not made t…
31 Mar 2021
Three stocks to buy now that will come back stronger after Covid-19
Share tips

Three stocks to buy now that will come back stronger after Covid-19

Professional investor Ed Wielechowski of Odyssean Capital, chooses three compelling stocks that should thrive in a post-pandemic world.
29 Mar 2021

Most Popular

“Joke” cryptocurrency dogecoin goes to the moon. What’s going on?
Bitcoin

“Joke” cryptocurrency dogecoin goes to the moon. What’s going on?

Dogecoin – a cryptocurrency created as a joke – has risen by more than 9,000% this year alone. Saloni Sardana looks at how something that began as an …
19 Apr 2021
Lab-grown meat: how “moo’s law” will drive innovation
Soft commodities

Lab-grown meat: how “moo’s law” will drive innovation

Jim Mellon and Anthony Chow, co-founders of Aim-listed Agronomics, explain why they believe that “cellular agriculture” will benefit from massive long…
16 Apr 2021
The bitcoin bubble will burst: here’s how to play it
Bitcoin

The bitcoin bubble will burst: here’s how to play it

The cryptocurrency’s price has soared far beyond its fundamentals, says Matthew Partridge. Here, he looks at how to short bitcoin.
12 Apr 2021