Mood Media buys franchisee

Marketing firm Mood Media said its subsidiary, Muzak, had bought the assets of one of its biggest franchisees for 27.9 million dollars in cash.

Marketing firm Mood Media said its subsidiary, Muzak, had bought the assets of one of its biggest franchisees for 27.9 million dollars in cash.

The acquired company offered a range of in-store audio, visual and even scent solutions to attract customers, and operated in the U.S. mid-Atlantic region, Mood said.

For the 12 months to the end of June the target firm had revenue and adjusted EBITDA of around $19.5m and $4.2m, respectively.

Mood said 80% of the cash owed was payable on closing with the remaining 20% payable on the 12 month anniversary of the deal, subject to certain post-closing purchase price adjustments.

MM

Recommended

Share tips of the week - 12 August
Share tips

Share tips of the week - 12 August

MoneyWeek’s comprehensive guide to the best of this week’s share tips from the rest of the UK's financial pages.
12 Aug 2022
Britain’s ten most-hated shares – w/e 9 August
Stocks and shares

Britain’s ten most-hated shares – w/e 9 August

Rupert Hargreaves looks at Britain's ten most-hated shares, and what short-sellers are looking at now.
10 Aug 2022
Aviva: One for income investors to tuck away
Share tips

Aviva: One for income investors to tuck away

Insurance giant Aviva is one of the highest yielding stocks in the FTSE 100 – and it’s cheap, too, making it a tempting target for income investors. R…
10 Aug 2022
Director dealings w/e 5 August: what company insiders are buying and selling
Stocks and shares

Director dealings w/e 5 August: what company insiders are buying and selling

Directors’ share dealings can often give investors an insight into the sentiment of company insiders. Here are some of the biggest deals by company di…
9 Aug 2022

Most Popular

Are UK house prices set to fall? It’s not so simple
House prices

Are UK house prices set to fall? It’s not so simple

Figures suggest UK house prices are starting to slide, but we shouldn’t take these numbers at face value, explains Rupert Hargreaves.
11 Aug 2022
Is gold cheap relative to equities?
Gold price

Is gold cheap relative to equities?

Dominic Frisby looks at the Dow-gold ratio and explains why gold is starting to appear inexpensive compared to equities.
12 Aug 2022
Share tips of the week - 12 August
Share tips

Share tips of the week - 12 August

MoneyWeek’s comprehensive guide to the best of this week’s share tips from the rest of the UK's financial pages.
12 Aug 2022