In an episode recorded before the spectacular plunge in the gold price, Merryn Somerset Webb and John Stepek discuss faith in money, including the rise of the digital currency, bitcoin, and the future for gold. And SMBC Nikko’s Jonanthan Allum explains the recent surge in Japanese stocks.
Read more on some of the subjects mentioned in this week’s programme:
• What German hyperinflation teaches us about today’s money-printing
• Bitcoin: A global experiment in free money
• Gold is now in a bear market – is it time to sell?
• Video tutorial: Three reasons not to trust the Dow Jones
• Japan: this time it’s different