Are you a great copy editor? Do you take pride in your writing ability?
Can you take even the most jargon-laden copy, on the driest subject, and turn it into a story that leaps off the page and grabs the reader’s attention?
Do you have an interest in investing and economics?
If so, then this is the job for you.
MoneyWeek is the UK’s best-selling financial magazine, with a focus on investment and economics. Our audience is primarily made up of private investors and City professionals.
We’re looking for a fantastic copy editor who can make even the flattest, flabbiest copy sing. Who can spot the key point of interest buried deep within a story and make it the lead.
The job involves:
• Editing and writing content for the magazine and website.
• Assisting with the day-to-day running of the magazine production process.
• Working with our marketing department to promote the magazine.
The core skills we’d expect are:
• You need to be a great writer.
• You need to have an interest in, if not direct experience of, investment, economics and finance.
• You need to work well as part of a team, and be able to communicate these skills to others.
This is a full-time, office-based role. Salary is dependent on experience.
If this sounds like you, please get in touch with MoneyWeek editor John Stepek at firstname.lastname@example.org. We do try to respond to all candidates, but if you don’t hear back within four weeks, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.